Monday – wisdom in my opinion, of course! But I hope these are good words to start the week.
How many of us have felt the power of media – TV, magazines, etc. – to “wear this, don’t wear that” and look thin, with magazines’ airbrushed models’ pictures that are not completely real… but give us “mortals” an impossible image to pursue, sometimes with bad consequences, mentally and physically speaking.
Then once a friend sent me an email with what I considered
Words of wisdom
* At 15 her brother said she looked fat... she started her life long diet.
* At 18 her parents said she should be a teacher, not a painter.
* At 20 her aunt said she should get married, cause she was getting older.
* At 30 a friend asked when she planned to have a baby, cause she was - again - getting older.
* At 40 her colleagues said it was too late for changing careers.
* At 50, her friends said it would be crazy to explore India.
* At 60, her children asked her to take care of their children, cause they thought she didn't have anything to do in life anymore.
* At 70 she decided to wear her purple fedora with yellow dots and went to an art exhibition feeling FINALLY gorgeous."
Isn’t it this way, many times? We have pressure from every corner, with “wiser” people always knowing what’s better for us.
Grab your example of “purple hat with yellow dots” and feel great at last!
Talk about Mix and Match! Those were designers’ samples – and if they are good enough to imagine them, so is anybody else!
Hope you have a great day and week, with many beautiful smiles!