The one who loves you is about love, of course, and how people show it… of course it can differ from person to person, but there are some common points
“So this is Christmas… and what have you done…“
John Lennon’s words can make one pensive… as Christmas is also about love and some gifts, I once wrote on my old blog about the languages of love, and it involves presents, too. I don’t like writing much here (people prefer pictures), but why not for a change… so here it is again. Hope you don’t get bored.
The 5 Love Languages show you how people express love
As Christmas is around, this can be handy. Many people don’t say “I love you” – it can even be fake sometimes. Instead, in one of the psychology classes I took some years ago, the lecturer told to observe some details – people have different ways to express love – on Christmas as well:
– Observe their behavior: what do they request most often? Their requests reveal their love language;
– What do they complain about most often? “We don’t have enough time together” suggests that quality time is their love language. “You didn’t bring me anything” show that gift-giving is their language.
People may have more than one language, too.
The 5 styles are:
1. Acts of service – Those with this language perceive love even in small things, like preparing breakfast and going to the supermarket to buy what the partner likes. For them, a proof of love is when the partner reciprocates;
2. Quality time – when even watching a boring TV program together is time together, of course;
3. Gift giving – it’s symbolic, like exchanged wedding rings. The act of giving or receiving presents have an emotional value for the ones who “speak” this language;
4. Physical touch – holding, kissing or even sitting side by side while watching that boring TV program that was mentioned above;
5. Words of affirmation – Words of reassurance, not only “I love you”, but “you look so beautiful today”, “I love the way you cook”, and so on.
And just because people say I can draw, I created this piece:
I wish everybody a happy Christmas with lots of love and smiles!
Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I love them!
Many things in life will catch your eye.
Only a few will catch your heart.
There’s no need to have it all.
Just make the best of what you have.
The awarded blogger has to state some things, answer the friend’s questions and pass the award to some other bloggers. As I know many people don’t read long posts, I’ll stick to the facts only.