January 1st – New year, with a new post! Welcome 2015! I hope you all had a fantastic new year’s eve and that we all have a beautiful new year! Last Monday I read this beautiful quote – that we have 365 new pages now – and I ad: to write a beautiful story, adventurous, lovely, successful and all that you wish 2015 to be! I don’t really make new year’s resolutions, but I may have some plans 2014 was a good year to me, so I wish 2015 to be even better!
I remember having answered a new year’s meme some years ago, so why not now again Here you can see my Christmas photoshoot for Stylishly Beautiful – I liked to do it so much that I prepared another one for the New Year That was the dress I wore on Christmas anyway
So I will mix my answers with my personal photoshoot Hope you like it!
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I went to Russia, Hungary and other places that I was longing to.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for this year?
I don’t normally make new year’s resolutions, but maybe I have some plans… that I’m OK if I don’t accomplish. No pressure! It makes life easier.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.
5. What countries did you visit?
14 this year. Some I never went before, some visiting again. You can read about them here. Russia, Greece, Hungary, Slovakia, Northern Ireland, Ireland, England, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Poland, Brazil, Belgium, Holland and Germany.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Clarity of mind… to be able to make good decisions.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The World Cup Visiting the Byzantine Museum; having my luggage missing for 8 to 9 days – and then missing nearly 14% of time of a very wished trip. That was bad!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not spotting petty behaviors beforehand.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Mmm… I had a week of horrible migraines when the luggage was missing. Very bad.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Rugs, furniture, induction hob, pictures… then also books, creams, perfumes, shoes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
That I wrote some reviews? Or helped my brothers… or cooked on Christmas… I think!
13. Whose behavior appalled you?
Some. Racists, for example, I despise. I had seen some episodes about racism. I can’t describe it here, because the person will know “It’s me!” and I don’t want to create polemic. Superficiality as well. I love shoes, but I also love philosophy and read a lot. But I have seen so much superficiality, when the world needs food and water… it shocked me.
Trips, books, shoes, clothes, creams and furniture, frames, rugs… and no, it’s not being superficial, in my opinion, because I have donated many things during the year.
15. What did you get that you were really, really, really excited about?
Get, bought or gifted? It’s ambiguous! The Lenovo Yoga laptop/tablet and an emerald ring.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Happy, by Pharrell Williams
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier. I try to be positive, always. I may have some bad episodes like the missing luggage and something more serious, but I try not to be sad or I try to stand up again.
b) thinner or fatter? 700g fatter since I went to Greece – my friend’s mother is the best cook in the world!
c) richer or poorer? Financially? Or what? I see life like always being rich in experiences, lessons, knowledge, memories. I’m always grateful and count blessings. So, richer. But financially, richer and poorer – I lost my vote (2 x 1 – me) and had to sell my favorite house, that I had with my two brothers, and then I may say I’m poorer if it deals with properties.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about decisions? I’m not sure.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with part of the family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
No new love in 2014, very happy for the existing one!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hating is too strong. There are some people I dislike, but that’s OK because I think some dislike me, so it’s a balance
24. What was the best book you read?
Move your Stuff, Change your Life – by Karen Rauch Carter. Keep the good things and change what you think is needed
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Keywest in Dublin.
26. What did you want and get?
Picture frames, DVF dress, creams, rugs… there’s not much that I want and that I don’t get. Please, this is not arrogant. It’s just that I may be someone who is not dreaming about a yacht and then not getting it leaves the person frustrated… that’s not me. I have more down to earth wishes, I think.
27. What did you want and not get?
Some other picture frames, – you see, I love art -, but I’ll get them framed soon; some fashion books – because the book shop was too crowded last week and two perfumes that I couldn’t get because of “last boarding call”!
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday?
I went to Kidderminster. I never have parties. At least I wanted to be well dressed and wore a nice Missoni dress But I didn’t feel stylish – I think I was too pensive
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have more clarity of mind.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Practical and boho. Hippiesh flair.
32. What kept you sane?
Writing, watching meaningful movies – meaningful for me, of course Writing and reading positive quotes.
33. Who did you miss?
My family and some fantastic friends.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
Ah, but then the question is not complete. Today we meet people virtually, as well as personally. If virtually, many blogger-friends!
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
“Try not to voice your opinions, even about yourself, if people are to immature and superficial to understand life and deal with it”. Not that I know a lot about life, either. But some people think so much about themselves and compare each other – I can’t understand that.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth!
Hope it wasn’t that boring – people normally don’t read posts! I’ll love to read your sweet comments!
Happy New Year, my dear friends!!!!!! May you have love, success, peace, adventures, fun, all what you wish! May you have luck, friendship and many many smiles!
If you want to read some of my motivational quotes, acces my facebook page! I’ll be very happy!