Happy New Year, dear blogger friends! Hope you have an amazing 2017!
2017 has arrived! Happy New Year! Hope you have everything your heart wishes! Luck, success, friendship, great family moments, health, adventures, trips, many smiles, so, all the best in the world!
2016 had many terrible moments for the world. But let’s look at the year for what it was for each of us. Nothing is completely bad, as well as nothing is totally great. I’m sure that each of us had happy moments during the year! If we ever feel depressed, we should consider what we’ve done so far and what we’ve accomplished. Let’s not live always on “autopilot” – examining our lives is nice to plan and reach the things we want. It’s time to thank for what we have achieved!
I may change something this year: Friday Feelings will be sometimes Monday posts with or without outfits. I tried my best to publish 2 posts a week for 5 months, but I’ll go back to my previous 1 post a week. It’s better for me for a while. So next post will come on Jan 9th!
How was 2016 for you? I’d love to know!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for this year? I don’t normally make new year’s resolutions, but maybe I have some plans… but no pressure! It makes life easier. I need to exercise, for sure and have healthier food habits. But I say this every year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Maybe not that close, but yes, I know friends who gave birth.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Unfortunately yes. 2 people very very close
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016? Healthier habits
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 1st in San Marino and later David Bowie’s exhibition in the Netherlands; March in San Sebastian – one of the happiest times in my entire life; but then June, because a very close family member passed away and July, when one of the best friends of my mother, also like a mother to me, passed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finishing my 2nd year at Music College. Losing some weight
9. What was your biggest failure? Not solving all I need(ed) to, on behalf of the family and personal things, but that was not my fault – when you are in justice and lawyers’ hands you will have big delays.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Oh yes, I caught the swine flu and I don’t wish that to anyone, it’s awful! I stayed in bed for 2 long weeks!
11. What was the best thing you bought? Furniture, books, cosmetics, perfumes, shoes.
13. What did you get that you were really, really, really excited about? Get, bought or gifted? It’s ambiguous! The thulite necklace and gloves in Oslo, brooches and rings in San Marino and Italy and a fantastic clock in Dublin, for my birthday.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I guess the same. I try to be positive, always.
b) thinner or fatter? About the same, because I put on weight during 2016 and then lost it again along the year. OK, remember the 2-rather-4-pounds (1-2 kilos) I mentioned people should not worry about during Christmas? That happened to me And I’m not worried right now
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Dance. Meditate. Draw and paint.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying about decisions? I’m not sure.
18. Did you fall in love in 2014? No new love in 2014, very happy for the existing one!
19. What was your favorite TV program? Documetaries, always.
20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hating is too strong. There are some people I dislike, but that’s OK because I think some dislike me, so it’s a balance. We cannot please everybody.
21. What was the best book you read? Buddhist tales.
22. What did you want and got? There’s not much that I want and that I don’t get. Please, this is not arrogant. It’s just that I may be someone who is not dreaming about a yacht and then not getting it leaves the person frustrated… that’s not me. I have very few wishes.
23. What did you want and did not get? A material or an “inner personal” thing? Material, a perfume – left to buy in another city (during a trip) and there it didn’t exist… and didn’t find it online
25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If I had lost more weight, to be like I was 5 years ago (before my parents passed away). But I am on my way And a very personal event and trip, that still didn’t happen.
26. What kept you sane? Writing, watching meaningful movies – meaningful for me, of course. Writing and reading positive quotes.
27. Who did you miss? My family and other very important people to me. Some fantastic friends.
28. What did you miss? Bushy Park view… I’m spending a semester abroad, so I miss Indian food… and the Pizza Parlour in Bewdley
29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
No matter what, keep positive. You create your world by having positive feelings.
30. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
A bit dark… Crucify me. One word I substituted. “Don’t hope to ever find me, I fear I’m too long gone”.
Hope it wasn’t that boring – people normally don’t read posts! I’ll love to read your sweet comments!
Wishing you a great week and new year with many smiles! Thank you for stopping by!