New here? Enjoying the blog so far? Welcome! Feel free to come back, I love to make new friends and to discover new blogs! I’m really happy that you’re here now!
Questions? Get in touch! I willl answer fast and gladly!
A bit about me:
♥ What’s Denise’s Planet about?
I normally speak and write about learning, good thoughts, gratitude and evolving. But I also post about clothes and shoes. Building relationships, meaningful bonds are more important to me than dresses, though, OF COURSE, I respect people’s opinions, but I have the right to have my thoughts, as well.
♥ What are you doing when you’re not on the internet?
Like anyone, I am busy with life, of course. Managing things for the family, reading, dealing with interior design, trying to give a word of comfort to some people, telling them how worth they are in life, showing my love and appreciation and I am at college taking Bachelor of Music.
♥ What is your life philosophy?
I read a lot and I try to learn as much as I can, through books or in life, in general, through friends and family. I would say, live life NOW. Say to the ones you love how much you love them, NOW. Don’t postpone things. It’s good to be smart, but even better to be kind. Kindness is the key of many things. Possessing things is OK, but being kind is more important, in my opinion. And try to let go if someone hurts you. I said “try”, because I know it’s difficult. What does it add to your life if you give space to someone who doesn’t deserve your thoughts? Be aware that we will never please everybody. And above all, be humble. Showing off people are no-no in my opinion, yet I know some. I believe that everybody has a time to mature and see what really matters in life. For some, clothes are all. I respect that. For others, knowing that we will never know everything, but trying to keep on learning, is more important. Either way, always try to stay positive and be grateful!
♥ The best and worst things in life?
Best, in my opinion, is learning, being with family and beloved ones, being kind, smiling, reading, discovering new cultures, having nice friends, sleeping and the list goes on! Worst are racism (and oh my word, I know some racists – I try to keep distance from them), people who hurt others on purpose, superficiality, showing off people, people who try their best to show an image just to fit the “standards”, but the reality is that they can’t afford that, being fake.
♥ What have you studied?
As I said, I love learning, studying.I’m just a curious person.
➤ Master degree in British/American affairs (Politics, History and Education) and Master degree in French Cultural affairs (Politics/History and Philosophy), Bachelor in Languages (English, German, Italian and Portuguese) and Financial/Accountancy support. Teacher’s Training certificate at SDSU. Currently taking Bachelor of Music studies.
I never intend to stop studying! My brothers studied/study even more than myself. I read a lot and I love it. I’ve worked in the areas I have degrees, such as international banks and companies, as a financial assistant; schools, as a teacher; and some governmental positions as translator/interpreter.
It took me long to decide that the financial area made me sick, literally. Seeing so much greed everyday is not for me. Then I changed careers, being a teacher. I loved my job as a teacher! But everything has a time frame in life and I decided to change again I love surprising myself! To learn more through other possibilities!
Thanks for reading and visiting! I look forward to hearing from you!
CV and Press – (Or at least, the certificates I can show)
● M.A. American and English literature and cultural aspects (history, politics and economy). Leibniz Universität Hannover.
● B.A. and M.A. French literature and cultural aspects. Leibniz Universität Hannover.
● B. A. Anglo-american literature. Catholic University.
● B.A. Languages and Didatics in Italian and Portuguese. Catholic University.
Additional Training and Advanced Studies
● English Teaching Program, didatics/psychology of teaching. San Diego State University (SDSU).
● English Teaching Program. Didatics, pedagogy, psychology and classroom management (ICBNA).
● Commercial English Correspondence.
● Accountant Assistant.
● TestDaf. Official certificate to study in a German University. TestDaf Institute, Germany.
● German. Goethe Institut. ZdaF Certificate in German (Zertifikat Deutsch als Fremdsprache –German as foreign language certificate).
● Michigan English language certificate. Michigan University, USA.
● French. Alliance Française.
● Assistant for the British Department of the Leibniz University Hanover, Germany.
● English teacher. Official English school attached to the North-American Government.
● Imports/Exports and exchange executive assistant for some international companies.
● Trainee. Imports/Exports, Exchange and Credit Analysis. ABN-AMRO Dutch Bank.
● Corporate Finance, Imports/Exports and Exchange asssistant. Citibank.
● Translator and director’s assistant. English, Spanish and Portuguese. The King’s English school.
● English teacher. The King’s English school.
● Interpreter/translator (English, Spanish and Portuguese) for the American consulate.
● Tracing/Accountancy assistant for some banks.
– Lecturer about American English – teaching techniques. Peine Gymnasium, Peine,
– Teaching training. Classroom observation. Lafayette Elementary School. San Diego.
– Lecturer about teaching techniques for the teachers of a school attached to the American government.
– Lecturer for M.A. Translation students – how to understand cultural differences when translating and interpreting. Karl-Ruprecht Universität, Heidelberg.
– Lecturer for M.A. literature students about Azorean literature. Karl-Ruprecht Universität, Heidelberg.
– Lecturer about American culture for the students of the Kindberg Gymnasium. Kindberg, Steiermark, Austria.
– English Linguistic Research. Dr. Ute Romer, Prof. Andrea Sand. Leibniz Universität Hannover.Hannover.
– Total Quality Program. Bank of Commerce.
– Accountancy. ABN-AMRO Dutch Bank.
– Financial Mathematics. ABN-AMRO Bank Netherlands.
– Acquisition/Learning (of) a second language, classroom management and use of authentic materials in a classroom.
* Improving ESL Pedagogy.
* Whole language Seminar for ESL teachers.
* The Pronunciation we need.
* Intercultural competence in teaching and learning.
* Emotional Intelligence and different skills when learning a second language.
* Learning styles and reflective teaching.
* Dealing with teenagers.
* Current changes happening in American English
* On speaking English as a native speaker.
* Successful learning.
– Computer skills Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Office, Word, Windows, Powerpoint.
Shogun poetry contest (honorable mention), Flamenco at some theaters, Beauty and the Beast play cast member (Hannover), Documentary as a painter for Culture TV, Expo 2000 magazine, some newsletters, sites and newspapers articles, mentions and interviews in some countries.