7 Steps to achieve your goal – we can reach everything we want!
Continuing with the previous post, on Monday, here are some tips on how to reach what we want
It all starts in our hearts and minds… so ask questions to yourself… like “What kind of person am I?” And more important, “What kind of person do I want to be?” There are always choices. We sometimes don’t work on our goals because we are afraid of new things, or to leave our comfort zone. Of course, there are situations when we decide to stay where we are – being it a job, surrounded by negative people, or in a place because of other people – but normally there’s a choice. Not deciding is already a decision, that will affect the future. So, 7 steps to reach our goals:
- Write down your goal – you may have either repeatedly failed to accomplish or have never tried to take steps towards it. It doesn’t have to be a goal like “climbing a mountain”; even starting to exercise is a goal. Goals have all equal importance!
- Write down all the steps you need to take to accomplish it – Plan it, that’s the way to start!
- Believe it’s possible, believe in yourself – It makes a huge difference. If you start with negative feelings, it’s likely that you will go back to the comfort zone again. See it, feel it!
- Change your mind and behavior – So, you want to talk to an audience, but you are too shy. Think that there may be people in the audience that are shy too. They’ll understand you. And if they don’t, well, it’s about their ego… not yours. Give yourself a chance to try, at least.
- Work on your plan – Are you fighting for what you believe in? You have decided what you want, you have written down the steps to reach your goal and… you didn’t do more than that. Think, how will it affect your life in the future, if you stay at your comfort zone?
- Don’t compare yourself to others – each of us has goals, some are the same, some are different. But if we keep on comparing ourselves to others, nothing will ever satisfy us. Decide what is really important to YOU and… live and let live.
- Be persistent – Don’t be put off if your first attempt failed. If you really want something that much and work for that, sooner or later you will reach it! And keep your principles, always!
Wishing you a sweet weekend with smiles! Thanks for the lovely comments!