10 signs you might need (urgent) holidays… Urgent is even a sweet word, desperately fits better!
I wrote a post last week about why I try to write short posts. Not that I actually LIKE to write short posts – sometimes, not always. Shorter posts lack explanations for a better understanding, yes, but we can’t please everybody and should be true to ourselves, respecting people’s opinions. I like reading long or short posts, I always learn from blogger-friends. And I felt misunderstood again – then I misunderstood some blogger-friends, I think I’ve offended some. I feel bad about it, sorry if that happened. A current need to justify, explain myself showed me something… I often travel on weekends, but I need urgent longer holidays. Because I like helping, people usually take me for granted. “She’s strong, she can bear it”, “ask Denise, she’ll do it gladly” – I’m glad to help, but I’m not Superwoman. I miss my parents, my half brother passed away last year, I’m the one dealing with inheritance, lawyers, selling places and it’s all simply too much for me to deal with, I see it now.
So how can one tell if a holiday is urgently needed? These are the 10 signs that someone desperately needs holidays Please check the signs out, do they relate to you? I hope not!
- Every little problem turns to be big dramas – the tiniest of things can frustrate you, trying to explain, justify yourself… when the others didn’t mean to hurt you.
- You start making mistakes, losing concentration and getting forgetful – things you do or say seem to be right, or at least you see it that way, but you leave dead ends. And you start putting some frozen meals in the fridge, when you meant the microwave oven. Not to mention throwing a mango in the bin and keeping the peel…
- You get aggressive, bitter, cynical, impatient and angry for no real reason (and you are known for being kind and super patient).
- Or you get over sensitive, crying a lot. Or the contrary – if you are normally a sensitive person and suddenly you watch a movie that would make you cry… and you don’t drop a single tear. It happened to me last week. That was a clear sign something was wrong
- Your body sends signs to you, to slow down, cause you get easily sick.
- You feel more nostalgic, in deep philosophical thoughts, you start daydreaming… and remembering previous holidays, childhood holidays… nice memories. You keep saying “I want to go there” more often than usual, when you see beautiful vacations’ pictures.
- Nothing seems to make sense anymore. You seem to be losing yourself. You are on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Things that you liked before, kind of start being bad for no reason. You don’t even care if you need to unload the dishwasher!
- You feel easily offended, misunderstood, taken for granted and hurt and/or you misunderstand or offend others.
- You change – from positive feelings to dark thoughts all of a sudden.
- Nothing you eat seems to be good enough, even comfort food, or nothing at all is good enough.
And if you sit still, contemplating the walls or the telly without really paying attention to that… or if you fall fast asleep in an uncontrollable way… (It happens to me very often now), one of the cures for all the above mentioned symptoms is called “Book holidays NOW” And that’s what I’ll do this week!
We don’t need to feel all the signs I guess 5 are already enough After I wrote this post, I felt much better! – I read and thought a lot and wrote this post on Bloglovin
I mentioned that when stressed some people turn to therapeutic activities… like painting, organizing the house, cooking comfort food… and that’s what I did! A week with nice dishes; I didn’t stop eating sweets, but at least I am slowly having healthier food
Hope it was not too boring, to see this much food and a few old pictures
Wishing you a beautiful week with many smiles! Thanks for the sweet comments!